I have been on an emotional roller coaster this year that doesn’t seem to want to let me get off of the ride. It started almost a year ago when we first received the news that our son had autism. His diagnosis though not yet one hundred percent confirmed devastated our family and caused me great heartache, then the months following the news were filled with more testing and paperwork that it all kind of went by in a blur of appointments and tears. We then found out that we were expecting our third child and once again the rollercoaster kept going round and round, the turmoil of everyday life with a one and a half year old and a three year old, my pregnant emotions and up heaving stomach and then added to all of this we found out that my husband would be leaving in September and would be gone for months and well the water works just never stopped. So now here it is February and I am closing in on the end of my pregnancy, my husband is still away from home, I have an almost two year old who has entered the terrible, horrible, no good two’s and a little man that has been through so much in such a short period of time that it breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I am starting to see a theme to this past year and that theme seems to revolve around me doing an awful lot of crying. The last few weeks, probably because of the pregnancy hormones I find myself crying more often then not in fact I can’t remember a day this week that I haven’t broken into tears even at the silliest of things, a song on the radio, a commercial on TV., and this morning at the sound of my sons laughter (something I haven’t heard in a little while and cherish every time I hear it) One thing that I do know is that crying is very therapeutic to the soul and that tears of joy come just as easy as tears of sorrow. Hopefully in the months to come I will be shedding more tears of joy then sorrow I know that the tears are not going to just stop and I don’t expect them to but it would be nice to go through one day where I don’t go through half a box of tissue and end up with Rudolph’s nose.
"It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine"-Eeyore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment