After thirty-one hours of melt down things are finally back on an even keel as tough as this is on me it is even tougher on my son. It takes so much out of him when he is like that for so long that he usually crashes just like he did today, after so long of going through his melt down he crashed curled up on the couch and was sleeping in no time. He did eat today so that is a good thing and he was laughing just before bed with his sister another good sign that he’s coming out of his melt down. So tonight I baked a cake I was going to make brownies but was missing some ingredients so cake it was and you know what I may just sit and eat most of it all by myself and I won’t even feel guilty about it some times a girl just needs to indulge and tonight that is exactly what I am going to do. Gray was up most of the night last night so I am working on very little sleep and since Tuesday nights I watch some of my shows on TV. I’m sure I’ll be sleeping before ten which means that once again I’ll end up missing the end of one of the shows. I can’t actually remember the last time I watched one of my shows all the way through without either being interrupted or falling asleep this is just a part of my everyday life. I may not be able to tell you the end of NCIS or Vampire Diaries and totally missed the end of Survivor so only know who won because I read it on line the next day, but I can tell you the names of all of the characters on my kids favorite shows and can do a pretty good rendition of there theme songs and even find them bouncing around in my head when I should be remembering just what it was that I went to the store for. The adult part of my brain has been replaced by kid stuff and unless I write things down there is no way that I am going to remember them, the worst part is that I usually write a list out and then find myself at the store and the list at home sitting on the kitchen table a lot of good it does me there I end up coming home with way more then I went out for and have usually forgotten a couple of things that I really needed like the ingredients for brownies for instance. So here I sit with my yummy cake in a quaintly quiet house and am sure as soon as I curl up with a blanket on the couch that I will be sound asleep before the credits roll.
“ Peace- it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of these things and still find peace in our heart”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment