Saturday, February 6, 2010

A solider's wife and proud of it!

I was asked today about being a military wife and how it is that I can put up with my husband being gone for so long and what could possibly posses him to want to be a solider anyways and put his life on the line, they then joked that it must be the uniform that kept me with him. This person who will remain nameless advised me that she would not be able to be with someone that was gone away for god knows how long, and who knowingly puts his life in danger when he has a family at home. My response was simple I told her it’s a good thing your not me. To get into more detail the fact is it has nothing to do with the uniform (though my husband does look damn good in it) I love him I’ve loved him for far longer then he has worn khaki and slung a gun over his shoulder. It makes me proud to be a military wife and yes it sucks that he is gone away, but I am not a weak individual I miss him like crazy but am quite capable of taking care of things on the home front while he is gone even if there are times when I can be a little overwhelmed, I cry and then I pick myself up and get back to it. I know what is involved in being a military family and I know that my husband will be put into dangerous situations after all he is a solider. I’m not going to lie and say this doesn’t bother me but he is in the military to fight for something that he believes in and I admire that in him, after all how many people out there can say that they would put their lives on the line for a complete stranger, not many police officers, fireman, and our soldier’s. My husband knows what he is fighting for and so do I and what kind of person would I be if I didn’t support him in this, after all he supports me in every decision that I make and believes in me even when I don’t believe in myself. It is my husband’s strong sense of ethics and his moral compass that drew me to him in the first place. I am proud to be married to a solider he is both a lover and a fighter and yes he may knowingly put his life on the line but he is doing so for something that is much bigger then the both of us, he works for causes that desperately need to be fought and to help people that need more help then we as individuals could ever imagine.
I love you honey for all that you do and all that you will do.

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world”

No comments:

Post a Comment